Culture10 Ways an American Knows They're Becoming French
Inspired by 90+ Ways You Know You're Becoming French.
1. You work to live and no longer live to work and can't believe you survived, at one point without 5 weeks paid vacation a year.
2. Soccer is now football and football is now American football.
3. Speed limit signs are just suggestions. Well, this is changing as you no longer have 12 points.
4. You enjoy building lots of bridges in May.
5. You expect that TV should have minimal commercials and none after 8:30 pm.
6. You know TNT isn't going to explode but is a way to watch TV.
7. It's normal that public TV should be supported by taxes and not pledge drives.
8. You no longer find it strange that adults like to read comics.
9. You pronounce Lucky Luke 'Lookie Luke' and Tintin 'Tan Tan'.
10. Water no longer needs ice.